Sky Force - Technical Update 2.5 - Released
REX Sky Force – Technical Update 2.5 Released
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Technical Update 2.5 of REX Sky Force has been officially released.
The following is a list of the fixed items associated with this release:
- ADDED – Support for Prepar3D v5
- FIXED – Improved visibility and haze effect rendering for Prepar3D v5
- FIXED – PMDG wind file missing folder issue
- FIXED – Optimization risk negative numbers with higher-end graphics cards
- FIXED – Registration failures
- FIXED – Cloud brightness modification for Prepar3D v5
- FIXED – Overcast cloud models for Prepar3D 5 (Non-trueSky™)
- FIXED – Green bar rendering when disabled
- FIXED – Backup files will not overwrite with both 64bit and 32bit installed
- FIXED – Export file not updating
- FIXED – Export JSON file not being downloaded
- FIXED – Flight plan not being cleared within the application
- FIXED – Client connection database error
- IMPROVED – Rendering moderate rain handling when BR is recognized within the metar report
Step 1 - Open Sky Force.
Step 2 - If you receive a popup stating a new update is available, click the Download button to download the latest build. Save the file to your desktop.
Step 3 - Close Sky Force and uninstall the application.
Step 4 - Unzip the new update and right-click the rexinstaller.exe to run the file as Administrator. You may receive a popup from Windows requiring extra steps to run the installer. Be sure to click the More Info link and then the "Run Anyways" button.
Step 5 - Once Sky Force is installed, right-click the Sky Force desktop icon, choose properties, choose advanced and then check Run as administrator.
If you need support, please submit a support ticket at: https://rexsimulations.com/support.html