Frame rate drop
Experiencing excessive frame rate drops
- If running 4k resolution, please try to lower the display resolution inside of the simulator to see if this alleviates the issue.
- If running Ultra settings in the simulator, please try to dial back settings to a more nominal level. Lowering settings will help improve your simulator's performance.
- Another option that you could try is to fly in windowed mode.
- Pay attention to the Render Scaling option in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Lower scaling improves performance.
- Try running with VSync OFF.
- If utilizing Nvidia drivers, open the Nvidia Control Panel and go to Configure PhysX. Under the PhysX Settings/Processor dropdown menu, make sure your graphics card is selected, then click Apply.
- Try Using the Persistent Weather Load option in the Weather Force settings.
- Try stopping weather synthesis in Weather Force, then re-establish weather synthesis.
- Try enabling the Instant Weather Load option in the Weather Force settings.
- Always remember to update your drivers.
This article is still being developed and these suggestions have been based upon customer experiences.
- REX 6 - Weather Force 2020
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020